Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sophia's second birthday and then some...

So the week before Sophia's birthday party was my cousin's wedding. It was so beautiful. I made the cake, and am happy to say that it came out great! We had such a blast, and Sophia spent the entire night on the dance floor.Then it was finally party time! I think I put my body under so much stress between work, school, the wedding cake, and the birthday party I ended up sick! I spent the week getting ready for the party sick as a dog, but thankfully by the time it rolled around I felt better.
Here are the mouse ears I made for the boys and girls attending the party. They were really easy to make. I bought some plastic headbands on etsy.com and got felt and ribbon from Joann's. A couple quick stiches and I had these cuties. They were super cheep too!

Here are the napkins and holder's I made. Used my cricut for the mickey heads. These also took basically no time to make.
Mickey cookie suckers! I used my cricut to cut out the shape of the face and free handed the eyes, nose and mouth. I love the way they came out. Black wasn't such a good choice for the kids though...they were covered in black frosting!

We had planned on an outdoor party, but the weather was terrible. So we moved everything indoors, and I think it worked out wonderfully. We were kind of jam packed, but it allowed for some more bonding time between the families.
Here is the goodies table! I am so happy with how everything turned out...
This birthday sign was a snap to make. Just got some scrapbooking paper and used the cricut to cut out the letters. Cost about $3 and looked very cute.
I wish I would have got some better pictures of the pinata that I made. It was pull string since it was mostly young children. It was in the shape of mickey's head and only cost a couple dollars to make. I used balloons, newspaper and found a paper mache recipe online. Then I cut up a black table cloth and glued it onto the paper mache. Cut it open, filled it up and then taped it shut along with taping strings to the bottom. I think the kids enjoyed that!
I think Sophia enjoyed the party, along with the other kids. It was hard to get them out of the bounce house for longer than the pinata and cake, but they had a really good time. Now, I can get back to regular crafting and baking...and maybe some sleep!
-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment