Saturday, February 27, 2010

Whole Wheat Brownies


These babies are scrumptious! I wasn't so sure about whole wheat brownies, but after tasting these I have changed my mind. My family loved them, and I'm sure they will become a staple in my household. They are nice and dark, and are more fudgelike than cakelike. The perfect match for a tall glass of cold milk. I picked up a copy of this recipe at work, and I have no idea who the author is, but I'd like to give her many thanks because these are awesome!
Whole Wheat Brownies
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder (Special Dark is best)
7/8 cup oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup unbleached flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 to 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Eggs should be at room temperature. Beat until yellow and fluffy. Cream in sugar. Add oil, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Mix dry ingredients and add to egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350º (325º if it's a glass dish) for 28 minutes. IMPORTANT: Grease only the bottom of the pan and take out at exactly 28 minutes!
Hope everyone enjoys! Unfortunately, my mixer has broken. My kitchen aid broke at Christmas (1 month out of warranty!) and my hand mixer broke last week. So looks like I won't be making any more goodies until I get a new one. Hopefully that is soon! Looks like I can spend a little more time with my sewing machine :)
-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment