Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Working my butt off...

And I don't even have anything to post! My daughter's 2nd birthday is in less than a month and I am in overdrive! Not to mention Easter is right before...
Here is some of the things I am working on, and I promise I will post as soon as the party is wrapped up. But there will still be an Easter post, I've got some awesome cupcakes that I plan on making.
The party is a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme. I started with just wanting something simple for the party. I just wanted to buy everything and just make her a cute little Minnie dress. Yeah, right! Once I started shopping for this dress, I got so many ideas. I decided on a tutu, with the Minnie polka dot pattern on top of all the tulle to make a big poofy skirt. Then I am going to sew a Mickey head onto a white t-shirt with a red polka dot bow to make it Minnie. This wouldn't be complete without her own set of Minnie ears, made of felt and a plastic headband. Which I decided to make for all the party guests. Then I had to make personalized gift bags. And decorations (Hello Mickey cricut cartrage..). And a pinata. Yes, a pinata. I don't know why. I just started and couldn't stop. So everything is started and not finished. I have to get it done well in advance because I am also making a 3d mickey cake, along with mickey sugar cookies on a stick, and cupcakes. So I think it's safe to say, my life is put on hold until this party. If it was only that simple...
I can't complain, I love it! And I can't wait to post the pictures and some directions...
-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment